Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tribute

I have tried to pay tribute to some special people in my life over the past few weeks.

  • My wife when we celebrated our 25th anniversary.
  • My dad when he was getting close to the end and when he passed away.
  • My daughter Noel and her fiance Jimbo when they got engaged recently.
  • My mom just yesterday morning simply because she deserves that and so much more.
I need and want to do it today for my mother-in-law Eileen Roos.


Yesterday became another tough day in our lives because my mother-in-law passed away.

It seems that we are having a lot of those tough days lately.

She had been sick on and off for a while but it was still rather fast and a shock for us. I am so thankful for the time we were able to spend with her recently but it is never enough.

My mother-in-law was an incredible woman. After all she gave me my incredible wife.
She also gave all of us a special gift and that is my sister-in-law Lisa.

She loved her kids and those around her.
She always had her opinion on things but would always gracefully bow to those who had different thoughts and ideas.
She accepted and loved me as her son-in-law and that was something I never worried about or doubted. I will never forget the last words she said to me yesterday when she said, "I love you".

She gave my wife and I our first TV after we were married. She gave us furniture and whatever else she could do to help us out.
She loved her grandchildren and would always make sure that each of them had a gift on special occasions. Even when it wasn't their birthday they would still get a gift so they wouldn't feel left out.
The times that I saw her get worked up was when she thought one of the kids was getting picked on too much.
There are so many more things I could say about her but the biggest thing right now is that she will be missed!!!!!

We love you Mom!!

Eileen Gates Roos
February 26th, 1927 - April 28th, 2008


3 comments:

The Varcas said...

Mark and I are so sorry for this tough time your family is going through.please know that you and your family are in our prayers everyday and night... In the words of Emily our 5 year"God please bless pastor Garland and his family and make them no be sad"

Anonymous said...

you have our deepest sympathy, our hearts and prayers are always with you.

SmilingSally said...

Wow, what a blow to Kelli, you, and the girls! You shared so much of your lives with her, especially with her living so close; take some comfort in knowing you lived your love.