Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wow!!!

We had a big event take place in our lives this past Saturday night.
My oldest daughter Noel got engaged.



She was very excited when she came home!


So many people have asked me how I feel about this.
I have to admit I am a little nervous about what it is going to cost.

The other question is how I feel about her fiance Jimbo.

Here are some things I really like about Jimbo...

  • He loves God
This thrills me. This is something Kelli and I prayed for before Noel was born. He promised Kelli and I that they would raise our grandchildren in a Godly home.
  • He respects and loves my daughter
He better! It is obvious by the way he treats her. He made their engagement a very special event with fireworks and a lot more. He didn't skimp on the ring either.
  • He asked me first
This was a big deal for me. Jimbo came to my wife and I a month ago and asked our permission. He also had me ask my dad for his permission before he passed away. Smart boy!
  • He has become a part of our family
We love having him around. He gets involved in what we do and enjoy. It is nice to have another male in the house.
  • He is involved in ministry
Jimbo helps with our student ministry at the Sawgrass Campus.
He is one of the few people that may love the University of Miami more than me.
Yes, we have season tickets together.


We are excited for Noel and Jimbo. We are praying for them and would ask you to do the same.

4 comments:

Heather Orr said...

You and Kelli did a great job! It is going to be the most beautiful wedding ever! I am so happy for you all!!

Love you!

Heather :)

SmilingSally said...

Wow, this kid sounds as if he could have been BORN into your family--even loves UM!

all day (allen d) said...

yeeeeah!!! Congrats to the happy couple. You gettin a good boy my brother.

Anonymous said...

Tell them congrats for me!