Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Noel

Last week I shared about my daughter Noel getting engaged. I also talked about her man Jimbo. I still feel the same this week.
I wanted to say a word about Noel.


She is such a good kid. I know she is 23 but she is my kid. She will graduate in the fall with a degree in radiology. Hopefully she will quickly land a job and save up some money for the future.

I am her dad and most would say I think she is perfect. No, I wouldn't say that. She is not perfect but she is a good kid. She has never given my wife and I any problems.
She loves God. She loves us. She loves her sister. She loves the rest of our family as well. Another important thing that she loves is
UM. She really loves her horse Dakota.


I really enjoy being around her. We have a lot of fun together.
I want to say something that Is very important.
I AM PROUD OF HER!
Those are powerful words. I will blog about them next time.

I am proud of Noel for many reasons. One of the biggest reasons is because of how she loves and cares for others.
She is spending her spring break week with my mom.

My dad passed away on March, 26th and my mom lives alone now. It is a hard transition for her. They were married for over 54 years.
I think it is pretty cool that my daughter wants to invest in her grandmothers life.
Kelli and I are so blessed to have such a great daughter.

Father, thanks for giving us such a great gift in Noel!

I am proud of my other daughter Danielle too. I will write about her in the future.

7 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Gosh, this post was awesome. I want my kiddos to grow up like yours and I hope I can blog the same things about them someday. Thanks for sharing your heart here. You're a good papa-bear!

Heather Palacios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
all day (allen d) said...

you do have a remarkable girl who has been a great example for my girls!

SmilingSally said...

It's an especially good thing that Noel is doing--giving of her time and love to a special person in her life; she could choose to be selfish and stay home with her future husband. You are right to be proud of her.

Carson Day said...

Noel is awesome, and she is just a reflection of her father! She is also a great friend! Props to the fam for making an awesome woman of God.

The Varcas said...

Garland,
your are right. you have great girls, Mark and I can only hope that Katie will grow up to be a great influence to the younger girls as yours have.

if we survive fourteen
any suggestions would be welcomed(lol)

Anonymous said...

Daddy, you make me proud to be your daughter. I couldn't ask for a better family and for a better example of what it is to live for christ. I love you "as big as the sky". ~ Noel