Thursday, March 27, 2008

Words

Do you remember the old saying, "sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never harm me"?
It's a lie!
Words can hurt and cause pain. We have all experienced it.
Words can also bring healing.
This is what my family and I have been experiencing over the past couple of days.
The staff and people of my church FRC have been incredible. Thanks! I love and appreciate every one of you.
There have been so many others as well. So many phone calls, e-mails, text, flowers, gifts. and meals have been sent our way.
We want to say thanks for all the kind words and also for being a part of our healing.

PS - Here is a picture of my dad with my daughters right after he started his chemotherapy.

This reminds me of who he was!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Praying for you all tonight and tomorrow! Over the past few days, I have spoke with SO MANY people who his LIFE has impacted! I hope a lot of then will show up. Got a hold of Kirk and Denise, Denise may come with Yvette Vales, (Kirk was in Dallas). Your father inspires me to continue to serve the Savior with such class and perserverance!!! Love to your mom and family! Holly

Anonymous said...

Dear Garland,
Not sure if you'll remember me or not. We were members of FRBC :) from 1986-2001. I had the privilege of having you as my youth pastor during my junior and senior years of high school. Losing your hero sucks, bigtime, I know that firsthand. You, Dan and Allen were there for our family back in 1994 when I went through it. I personally only had the privilege of meeting your dad on a few occasions, but he was larger than life and a wonderful Godly man who my own father admired very much. May you, Kelli, Noelle, Danielle, your mom and others feel God's peace and strength during this difficult time. You will all be in our prayers.

Love in Him,
Christy (Van Allen) Cichielo