Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thanks

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks to so many of you as family and friends.
You prayers, notes, messages and love have made a difference for us.
I am home for a couple of days. I am going to head back up on Monday.

We had a great time and made some memories that we will cherish. I really believe that this was a gift from God.
I talked to my mom and sister a few moments ago. He continues to weaken. They were thinking that it would be great if he went on to heaven on Easter day.
I think that would be cool. God's timing will be right for all of us.
He is not in pain which is another blessing and his mind continues to be sharp. He stays aware of everything going on in the room.
Thanks again for your care during this time.

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Your mother and father MUST be so proud of you; you are a fine example of what Christian parents can produce with the help of God. The love you share for each other is obvious. I'm sure that during this painful time, that this a comfort to them.

We are praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Garland: My prayers to you, your mom & your family. I'm glad you had a chance to go up there this weekend, & again today. Time is such a precious gift. I admire you, your ways, & your wisdom. Janette

Heather Palacios said...

God did something cool when He allowed you to be with your Dad on Good Friday, but baptize your flock on Easter Sunday. I just think that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Garland, thank you for the example that you are. We are thinking about you and keeping your dad and your family in our prayers during this time. We love you, Eddie and Mary Riveron

Hal Mayer said...

Gar
I still remember the day you came with your Dad and the guys to see me when my Dad was diagnosed with cancer. He was a great encouragement. You are getting tons of advise and encouragement just know Sandy and I are praying for you. I love your Dad he is always smiling and positive. I will say something hard- but you know it is true- the gift of cancer is you get to finish well and say everything you need to. You have an incredible legacy left to you. Falwell probably already has some acreage set aside for your Dad in heaven. Love you man, tell you Mom and Dad I love them also. God's best

Anonymous said...

Gar: My prayers go out to you and your family.
Love You...
~Rosebud

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.