Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

Sick!
That's what I have been over the last few days. I don't like it. It's not fun. You feel like an outcast but it happens every once in a while.
I don't get sick often but when I do I tend to "get it good".
My wife does such a great job of taking care of me. She seams to be the one in our family that takes care of everyone that gets sick or has health issues. The great thing is she is good at it.
A lot of my friends and neighbors have been sick. When I went to the doctors they told it was everywhere. I believe them.
A few things I have learned.....

  • Sometimes "sick happens"
  • You have to let it run it's coarse
  • You need to get help
  • You need to rest up
  • Don't spread the junk
  • Do what it takes to get better
  • Do what it takes to not get sick again
I guess it's a lot like some of the stuff we face in life.
There are always lessons we can learn.
What lessons are you learning today?

2 comments:

Heather Orr said...

Patience/Waiting on God's timing, forgiveness, understanding others and being able to put myself in their shoes instead of always only thinking about myself, and keeping my expectations in check - all thanks to a BIG move to Georgia :)

Hope you'll be feeling better soon - and happy belated anniversary!!

Love and Miss You and Your Family!!
Love,
Heather :)

SmilingSally said...

Poor baby. Have some chicken soup; it wouldn't hurt!