Tuesday, February 26, 2008

25th

Kelli and I are in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The reason we are here is to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.














It is a beautiful place and when we arrived yesterday it was snowing.















Kelli has already made a friend.















25 years is a long time. It doesn't seem that long in our marriage though.
Outside of my relationship with Christ Kelli is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

She is a great wife.
She is a great friend.
She is a great encourager.
She is a truth teller.
She is a Godly woman.
She is an incredible mother.
She is an incredible daughter.
She is a great mentor.
She is forgiving.
She is giving.
She is "The Love Of My Life".

I would be lost without this woman in my life.
I thank God for giving her to me!
I thank you Kelli for loving me and I look forward to the next 25 years and even more.

This passage describes her best...
Proverbs 31:10-11,28-29
10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies.
11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
28 Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:
29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!

Today I stand and praise my beautiful wife!

I love you Kelli.

HAPPY 25TH!!!

This is our Snowman she named "Gilbert".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you! but are happy you are having a good time relaxing and having fun. I totally agree with all the things you said about Kelli. I remember as a young person in my 20s looking up to her as a pastor's wife and thinking I wanted to be like her. You are both very special people.

We love you!
Maria

Anonymous said...

I thank God every day for placing people like you guys in my life, and you couldn't discribe Kelli better, she is a freind and a sister to me. Love you both, have a great vacation and Happy 25th Aniversary.
Annia

Anonymous said...

"THAT'S WHAT I'M SCREAMIN YO!"

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

LOVE YOU BOTH REAL, REAL BIG!!

Bobby

Heather Palacios said...

What a beautiful place for such a beautiful couple. BIG honkin' blessings to you both!

Holly said...

Garland and Kelly,
Happy 25th! It is funny on your wedding day I remember white muffs and horses. Some things do not change! Enjoy and celebrate a great milestone! Tim and I get to join this special club in July! Love to you both, Holly

Expresso Mind said...

I look forward to seeing what God has to teach me through the two of you for the next 25 years - congrats!

SmilingSally said...

Happy silver anniversary! You two make a terrific couple; I'm glad I know you.

all day (allen d) said...

well said my brother. You do have a very special woman-love both of you guys

GingerSnaps said...

It is funny on your wedding day I remember white muffs and horses.

Ha! I remember those beautiful bridesmaids with their white muffs, and alternating red & white dresses... And I will never forget how huge those shrimp were! I've never had shrimp that big since! (Isn't it hilarious what we remember???)

Good times...