Saturday, February 2, 2008

Riverwalk

Several years ago a friend told me about a fund raiser for the riverfront property in the heart of Downtown Fort Lauderdale along the historic New River. You could buy a brick with a message on it that would support the Riverwalk Trust whose efforts focus on Riverwalk Park advocacy, promotion, and enhancement.
I bought one and put a message on it that I hoped would be treasured in the years to come as a memory for my family.
I also got to support the enhancement of this area that so many enjoy visiting.
I felt like it was an opportunity to invest in my family and our community.

Any time we are in the New River area we stop by and take a look at our brick.
Last night several of us went to Fort Lauderdale IMAX to see the U2-3D extravaganza (Incredible... You should see it!).
While we were waiting for the theater to open we went and looked at our brick.















I love building positive memories for our family.
I think last night was a reminder to me of how important it is.

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

That brick speaks volumes, you as a faithful hubby and you as a committed daddy. Thanks for sharing.