Saturday, February 23, 2008

The "U" and The "Bishop"

Yesterday was an awesome day! I was in Dallas for the C-3 Conference. It was a great conference and something that I think both my wife and I needed. There were so many great speakers, great worship, great conversations, new relationships made and the enjoyment old relationships. Several from our team "FRC" were able to go and I believe that we all enjoyed it and were stretched. My favorite speaker and I think that would be true for most that were there was Bishop T. D. Jakes. He was incredible!











God knew what so many of us there needed to hear and he used T. D. Jakes to say it.
Kelli and I stood in line to get some books signed and meet him and that was great too. He was so humble, kind, and considerate. It was a great moment for both of us to talk with him just for a moment.

When we were at the DFW airport I had another awesome encounter. I am a die-hard UM fan. I have been a fan long before the 5 National Championships and will continue to be one win or lose. The encounter I had was with the one and only UM legend Michael Irvin.







He is definitely one of the UM greats.









I was so pumped to meet him. I showed him my UM tattoo on my ankle and it was as if we were old friends. I talked to him about T. D. Jakes and he took a set of CD's out of his bag to show me. It was a series by T. D. Jakes about life lessons.










He told me I could look at it but I couldn't have it because he was going to listen to it on the plane. I really enjoyed my brief encounter with both of these men. For me it was cool to know that Michael Irvin and I have two things if not more in common....
"The U and The Bishop"

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Michael Irvin was really blessed to meet a pastor like you. He should've asked for your autograph!

SmilingSally said...

This trip must be close to "Heaven on Earth" for you!