Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend

We had an awesome weekend at FRC.
I had the privilege of speaking this weekend and that was a lot of fun.
Thanks for the opportunity Pastor Troy!

We ended the weekend with a beach baptism and celebration concert. We baptized 209 people and there was so much energy at the concert.

It was an amazing weekend!

I got this e-mail from a friend that was very encouraging.

Garland,
Wanted to say good job yesterday! I went through a self focused "poor me" month or so and your teaching yesterday helped me to emerge or at least begin to emerge out the other side. Kinda hard sometimes to remember that it isn't about me! Then God did as he does and when I picked up my Bible this morning I finished Esther and what comes next - you got it, Job! My poor me episode seems so pitiful. Just wanted to say thanks!

I have to be honest!
It is easy to get in the "poor me" place. I think it is harder getting out than getting in.
I really believe this is something most of us struggle with we just don't always admit it.
To do so may show some of our weak spots.
That is not something I enjoy doing.

When I get there I have to get honest with myself. I look at where I really am, I try to see what got me there, and then I try and take the steps to get out.
Those steps can vary based upon who you are and what the situation is.

Sometimes God puts things in your life to encourage you when your in what I call "the funk".

That is what this weekend was. I really believe God knew a lot of us needed it.

Thanks for incredible weekends God!

No comments: