Thursday, January 17, 2008

Intense

I just got out of an intense two day planning meeting. When I say that it was intense that is not a bad statement. There was a lot to cover in the amount of time that we had. Sometimes it takes intense settings to bring out the best in us.
The word intense means...
American Heritage Dictionary
in·tense

(ĭn-těns')
adj. in·tens·er, in·tens·est

  1. Possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to an extreme degree: the intense sun of the tropics.
  2. Extreme in degree, strength, or size: intense heat.
Effective planning requires intensity, time, energy, creativity, leadership, discipline, attentiveness, and the list can go on and on.
One of the most important parts of planning is team.
I work with a great team. They posses all of the qualities listed above and more. I really believe that over the past day and a half God gave us some great direction.
It will be fun to see a lot of these things come to pass. It will be fun to see which ones we will need to change to be executed well. It will be fun doing this with our team.
After all we are doing this to help people reach their God-Potential!

What are you planning for this year?
Who's on your team?

2 comments:

Pris said...

P. Garland! I didn't know you were a blogger, but, now that I do, I'll be a reader.
Love you Pastor!!!

@heredes said...

I'm planning to lead & win the "Staff All Day meeting Scavenger Hunt" again! Wanna be on my team ?