Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fun

Today I am going to the doctor to get my yearly physical. I don't consider this being much fun. I like my doctor. He went to the University of Miami "The U". We always talk about football and other sports related to "The U". He is a good guy but I still don't like going. The reason I go is because even though I know it is uncomfortable it is good for me.
That is true with a lot of things in life. I didn't want to go to the gym yesterday but I knew that is was good for me. How am I going to continue to lose weight if I don't go to the gym?
For most of these things it comes down to something most of us don't like and that is discipline. Discipline is not easy, it is not always fun but it is good for us. This is one of those areas that I continue to grow in.
I did like LSU beating Ohio State last night. That was fun to watch!!!

1 comment:

Wendy Whitlow said...

There goes that "D" word again. Pastor G the Lord must have wanted me to read your post for "Example and Encouragement" I have been avoiding that gym like the bubonic plague. I said I'd start again on "Monday." However, your determination has encouraged me to force my way there first thing tomorrow morning...Lord willing anyway! Thanks!!!