Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to everyone.
We are in Branson, Missouri. We have had an awesome time with my family.









My sister rented a cabin for us and it has been wonderful.

It came with an incredible view.







It even came with a deer in it. Our goal and desire on this trip was to have a great time with create memories that will last a lifetime. I had a friend tell me before we came out here that he was praying that this would be the best Christmas we ever had. I know these are the goals of every holiday and vacation but this year has a different perspective for us. We realize that each time we are together could be the last for my dad. He has cancer and has been doing chemo. It has been pretty rough at different times but he is doing well. We are praying that God will heal him through all of this but at the same time understand what we are dealing with. We know that God knows best and we accept that. It has been a great trip and I am thankful and blessed. We brought in the "New Year" together as a family watching some guy jump a football field with his motorcycle. It was the most drawn-out thing I have ever seen on ESPN but we had fun watching it together.


I hope you enjoyed bringing in the New Year and I hope you made made memories that you can cherish.
We did!

2 comments:

Heather Orr said...

So glad to hear that you all had such a memorable time!! I'm also glad that you are blogging!!

Love and miss you and your family!

Love,
Heather :)

O.E.W.

Dave and Vicky said...

Pastor Garland welcome to the blog world. Come check our blogs... Well David's is all about the Cowboys :)...mine's a bit more interesting.
Pray for my grandfather (Oswaldo Martinez)... He has been a missionary/evangelist here in the states since 1948 when he came from Cuba. He very, very ill with pneumonia, kidney failure and a septic infection. They say he won't last through the week. But he is ready to meet his Lord and leaves behind an amazing legacy of winning souls to Christ and planting churches and ministries.

Vicky (David Aguirre's wife FRC Doral)