Friday, March 20, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Today my oldest daughter will be getting married. Everyone I run into ask me how I feel.

I am not nervous!

I am not sad!

I am not upset!

I am very happy and excited!

I took time this morning to thank God for today. The weather is beautiful outside but even more than that, I have a beautiful daughter.


She is beautiful on the inside and the outside! She has never given us any problems. Every time I think about her I smile. She makes me happy.
Another reason that I am happy today is because she is marrying a great young man.


Jimbo loves my daughter, our family, The U, and best of all he loves God.
We are very blessed!

There are some mixed emotions in this whole thing...
The hurt of letting her go!
The joy of giving her to a Godly man who loves you!

I am doing the ceremony with the help of my dear friend Matt Miller.


I will let you know how I do. If I do shed some tears they will simply be tears of joy.


I LOVE YOU NOEL AND I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

So sweet Garland! Good luck and congratulations! You will be a great "father of the bride":)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!

SmilingSally said...

Oh, she's such a beautiful bride, and I pray that she and her Mr. Wonderful will live happily ever after.