Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Jesus and Liquor

Last Saturday we did a "Gift Revolution" event at the "Fort Lauderdale Boat Parade".
It is an awesome event that is held this time each year. The idea is that boats decorate in all kinds of Christmas and holiday decorations. They give out prizes in a bunch of different categories. It really is a great event and has a great impact on the city.
While we were standing on the side of the waterway I noticed a boat docked beside us. As I looked down I saw that they had a Nativity display on the back of the boat. I looked above the Nativity display and there was a bar all set up for the evening.


It all felt a little weird for me. I just don't think God intended for Baby Jesus and liquor to be in the same boat!

Come check out What God did intend for us to experience at Christmas.


3 comments:

by Troy Gramling said...

you have to love Christmas in South Florida...Not much snow but a lot of "other" stuff...

lili said...

it was a funny moment PG! great post. -L

Arturo de la Mora said...

Hey Pastor Garland!

Great teaching tonight! Thanks for help us to remember the value of our dreams.