Saturday, July 26, 2008

Peru

I just returned from Peru this past Thursday morning. 

I led a group of students from FRC on a missions trip to our campus in Lima, Peru. It was a long night flying back on Spirit Air.
I think most of our team was exhausted from the flight and the trip.

We had an awesome trip and I believe it was life changing for several that went down with us.
I am constantly amazed at some of the students I see around FRC.
We have some great leaders in the making and some of them were on this trip. When I see students like these I feel better about the future.
I am convinced that some of the ones on this trip will help to change the world we live in.
Here are some pictures and highlights from our trip.

Josh and Keith Inviting local college students to FRC Lima


David eating Guinea Pig


Dorcas explaining the new laptop given to the girl's orphanage


Our student's leading worship at the FRC Lima Youth Service


Bob with a new friend at Pachacutec (shanty town outside Lima)


Our team with the pastor and friends at Pachacutec

These kinds of trips change lives. I believe that is true for both those going and the ones we work with while there.

We have another trip in October for adults.
If you are interested in going you can get some info from our missions page at FRC.

Check out Craig Stephen's thoughts about the trip on his blog.







3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

The pictures and post help me to better understand the need and the trip(s). Thank you for sharing.

Heather Orr said...

I miss those trips!!! Glad you all came home safely and had such a fantastic trip!!

Love you!!

@heredes said...

great update post bro!