Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

Today was my dad's birthday. He passed away back in March. I thought I was going to breeze through today but I soon began to realize that it was going to be tougher than I thought. I always like to think that I can keep everything in control but I caught myself being way more sensitive to things than I wanted to be. I didn't realize what was going on until I was sharing my day with my wife.

This is still kind of new for me. I always feel like I need to be the one taking care of everyone else, making sure they are safe, secure, and taken care of. I am learning that there are some things that I have to take care of in my own life; things that I thought I could control. For some this may be easy but it is difficult for me. I am learning that I can't control everything, not even my own emotions at times.

I miss my dad and I think of him every day. Sometimes I pick up my phone to call him. I will have a thought and then realize I can never again have a conversation with him here on earth.

I know I will see him again someday and I am looking forward to that.

For now I will just have to say it from down here...

Happy Birthday Dad!
We love you and miss you.

2 comments:

all day (allen d) said...

Thanks for sharing Bro. It's ok to let us take care of you sometimes. Love you Buddy.

Christy Music said...

Your dad will have a spot ready and waiting for you Gar! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We hosted everyone up in South Carolina and made some great memories!
~ Christy